Our centres provide exceptional care and high-quality education for children aged six weeks to six years. Each of our centres has a team of qualified and experienced educators who are passionate about educating and caring for children.
Our modern centres have been designed to engage young children, with indoor learning spaces and outdoor nature areas that will captivate your child’s imagination and support their growth and development. Our unique approach to childcare ensures your child the best start possible in life and we offer care that goes beyond education to encompass the health, development and total wellbeing of every child in our care.
Nursery (0-24 months)
The first two years of life is a time of rapid growth and development, where every moment matters.
Teddy Bear’s dedicated nurseries and curriculum provide all the care and support your little one needs during this phase, establishing a strong foundation for future learning.
What we offer
Our nurseries have been carefully designed to create a safe, challenging and stimulating environment for children aged 0-2 years. Your baby will have access to a variety of open-ended learning materials that invite them to play and explore with purpose and concentration, both individually and alongside others.
- Our program incorporates a range of activities to support the learning and development of your child, including creative arts, singing, music, dance, reading stories and playing with puppets.
- Our Nursery Room gives your child an opportunity to socialise with other babies and develop their communication skills
- We help babies develop their fine and gross motor skills, with age-specific toys and activities. Our educators also encourage self-feeding when your child is ready, to help them become independent
Toddlers (2-3 years old)
Toddlerhood is an incredible time of exploration and discovery, as toddlers gain an increasing sense of self and understanding of the world around them.
Our Toddler Curriculum has been expertly designed and guided by the Early Years Learning Framework to encourage younger children to explore, solve problems, create, construct and interact with other children. The program is designed to stimulate and challenge toddlers, so they become more independent and develop important skills they will need later in life. Having the opportunity to develop friendships and socialise with others is a big focus in this room.
What we offer:
Toddlers can enjoy a range of activities each week, including soccer, drama, music classes, art classes and dance classes as part of our extra-curricular program.
- Our educators read books 2-3 times a day, which studies have shown to have a positive effect on schooling outcomes and significantly improve language, literacy, numeracy and cognition skills later in life.
- We provide large playgrounds and natural spaces for young, curious minds to investigate, explore and learn. Outdoor equipment also helps children develop gross motor skills and supports their physical development.
- Our educators maintain a regular routine in the Toddler Room, with a focus on encouraging self-help skills such as toilet training and self-feeding.
- Children are given the opportunity for creative freedom and expression through roleplaying and creative arts
- Early literacy and numeracy (including STEM) experiences to teach new concepts to their growing minds.
Preschool & School Readiness
Program (3-6 years old)
The years in the lead up to primary school are some of the most important in your child’s life. It’s when they learn critical social skills, develop a strong sense of identity and build a strong foundation for learning.
Our Preschool & School readiness Program helps children build and extend their language, literacy and numeracy skills, learn to be creative, and build their independence, so they can enter ‘big school’ with confidence. Our program is based on well-researched learning experiences and complements the national Early Years Learning Framework.
What we offer:
- Evidence-based research shows that preschoolers learn best through play, so our teachers embed elements of teaching and learning into every play experience children participate in, through both structured and unstructured learning.
- We explore more advanced literacy and numeracy (including STEM) experiences and help build each child’s confidence in recognising things such as letters, numbers and colours in their environment
- Intentional activities to develop children’s foundation strength and dexterity skills for school such as cutting, writing, holding a pencil as well as social skills such as language, communication and attention.
- We encourage children to learn through a combination of child-directed learning, small group educator-guided sessions and brief large-group sessions.
- Families can expect a range of centre initiatives that build a child’s school readiness such as excursions to the local school and library and ‘lunch box’ days to build a child’s independent skills
- Teddy Bear partners with local schools to help tailor our programs to support each individual child to transition smoothly.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
We believe that learning letters and numbers is important for your child, but it’s only one small part of how they will grow and develop as a person. This is why we offer a range of extra curricular programs that build on each child’s natural abilities and interests in order to develop physical activity, creativity, exploration and inspiration. Our extra-curricular program is offered to all families at no additional cost, and is taught by highly experienced childcare professionals.
In these classes, the children delve into a world of imagination and adventure while also exploring educational topics that assist in their lifelong learning.
Through these various programs, children will:
- Develop fundamental social and physical skills through movement and dramatic performance
- Develop problem solving skills
- Strengthen their fine and gross motor skills and express themselves through nonverbal communication
- Learn and improve peer interaction and teamwork
- Build confidence, verbal communication and knowledge of their emotions
- Lay the foundations for a healthy and active life
- Develop balance and coordination
- Improve their self confidence